Rats have the most varied meanings around the world, both positive and negative. Here are some examples:
- According to the bibleThey were unclean, unclean and fearful animals. Men of faith should keep away from these creatures.
- In Europe, in medieval timesthe rat was believed to be a "contact with the divine" and to carry the soul of the dead to heaven.
- In HinduismThere is a legend that Lord Ganesha moved around using a mouse, since it is an animal that symbolizes cunning and has a great capacity to overcome obstacles. There is also another interpretation that says that the rat represents control over the ego, which comes from the saying "he who controls the ego possesses Ganesha's consciousness.
- In Rome and Greece In ancient times they were associated with greed, avarice, and thievery, because they were always stealing food from the storehouses.
- They are a symbol of fertility, as the female can have around 200 offspring per year. For this reason, in Japan The mouse symbolizes fecundity and is compared to the god of plenty, Daikoku.
- In China and Siberia has the same symbolism: abundance and prosperity.
Meaning of Mouse Tattoo:
- Overcoming obstacles
Comments are closed.