The word orchid comes from the Greek "orkhis", meaning testicle, because some flowers resemble the male organ. There are thousands of known species that are popular worldwide for their exotic beauty and delicacy. Generally these flowers are associated with love, desire, seduction, virility, sexuality, and beauty.
See the meaning of orchids according to color:
- pink - love, romance, femininity.
- Lilac - Dignity, Purification, Good Feelings;
- White - Peace, Innocence, Purity;
- Yellow - Joy, Happiness, Admiration;
- Blue - Tranquility, Peace, Trust, Loyalty, Gratitude;
- Black - Boldness, Individuality, Power, Authority, Elite;
- Red - Sexual Desire, Passion.
There are also variations in meaning according to local culture:
- China - Fertility, Consideration, Refinement;
- Philippines - Guardians of the forests and cherished by the fairies;
- Aztec Culture - Increased Power and Strength;
- Japan - Symbol of Courage for the warriors.
Meaning of Orchid Tattoo:
- Self Love